March 9, 2005

Reese's Court Date

Well he went, he saw, he signed some papers. Today the Concierge and I went to the Justice of the Peace to watch Reese get a default judgement. We waited. I scored a free calendar. We watched some people file paper work about their weddings. I looked at pictures of Rod Stewart's house in an old Architectural Digest. I also caught up on some thumb-twiddling I'd been neglecting. Twenty minutes later a sweet, efficient minion of justice clasping a clipboard came out told Reese that the other guy wasn't going to show, he needed to sign here and here and here and it'll be mailed out within a week.

To me it was a bit anti-climatic. I expected to sit in a courtroom, a hot southern courtroom with a bunch of other people in seer-sucker suits, straw boaters and hand fans. The judge sitting there looking at his watch before pronouncing judgement and sending over a large legal document via a tall strapping bailiff with aviator glasses and tassels on his hat.

Ah well this is one of the disadvantages of a film degree, it weakens your defenses to anti-climax.

In other news - the Concierge and I are signed on as political handlers for Reese's run for any office in St. Bernard. The Concierge says all you need to get elected in Chalmette is a slogan that abbreviates to three "K's." Stay tuned.

Posted by Spicolli' at March 9, 2005 3:02 PM
Comments

Yup, you can never hate "niggers" too much down in the parish and not get people to love you. People there are so damn backwards, they still haven't closed the river port where the slave ships used to arrive... guess they're still waiting with hope for another shipment or something.

Posted by: Unknown at March 10, 2005 8:28 AM

Hey, Spicolli:

I just read an interesting article about a man in Picayune, Mississippi who has qualified to be placed on the ballot for the office of mayor and one of the city council seats. Of course, if he wins both the city will have to foot the bill for a special election to replace him on the city council. The Mississippi Attorney General's Office says its legal. Maybe we need to see how many races we can qualify Reese for in Da Parish.

I guess that just goes to show that we do things a little differently here in the South. As a matter of fact, I saw a second article that illustrates that point as well. Seems that one of the judges in your homestate (Wisconsin, for the unintiated) dismissed a student's lawsuit against his high school. Seems that the high school had the notion to make this poor suffering Wisconsinate do homework during the summer to pass his honors pre-calculus course. Imagine that: Homework in the summer. Don't people up North know that in the summertime the living is suppose to be easy? (By the way, by abolishing homework totally, our high schools can make sure that a similar lawsuit won't happen here).

The Concierge
"The Conservative Voice on a Provocative Planet"

Posted by: Concierge at March 10, 2005 12:11 PM

Good point, Concierge. The way I see it, if High School is supposed to prepare you for the "real world", then what's up with the homework? I don't know anyone that does work after work time is over (thus not getting paid for it). Abolish homework and force the student to do the extra work during the constraining hours of the school day and only THEN he or she will know the true horrors of the "real world"!

Posted by: Reese at March 10, 2005 12:37 PM

Yeah, I guess if I were getting honors pre-calculus put on my transcript, I'd hate to actually learn calculus.

'Prepare' and 'simulate' are subtly different things. Like taking a class in successful meetings and actually sitting in one.

Posted by: Spicolli at March 10, 2005 1:00 PM

It's also great that we have a conservative voice now.

P.S. My daddy's rich and my momma's good looking. two outta three ain't to shabby.

Posted by: Spicolli at March 10, 2005 1:05 PM